The first Microsoft Innovation Center in Reliable Governments (rGov MIC) was launched recently in conjunction with FIDEGOBin the City of Leon, Guanajuato, Mexico.
This is the first center of its kind worldwide and it will be focusing in on:
- Promote and facilitate reliable governments through mechanisms such as best practices in public management and sustainable and reusable ICT systems, including open government data
- Recognize success and award prizes at international, national, regional and local level to governments related to exchange of knowledge, technology and training that promote efficiency, efficacy and excellence in sustainable public management
- Will serve as a hub for government solutions where partners and customers can see solutions that fit their political and technical needs. This will also allow creating a community of specialized partners in the region to promote integration, deployment and satisfied citizens
- This Center already signed an MoU with BiscayTIK from Biscay Province, Spain were the will share best practices in both regions and develop best practices for governments
This center will be working with governments across the LATAM region to achieve the best methodology to reduce the gap between government management and the use of technology and will also serve a repository for solutions, examples and model for the local ISV and SI community.
Some of the Press coverage of a total of 23 articles (see ppt, for more articles):
Latest posts by Matt (see all)
- Government Platforms, Co-Creation and Time for Revolution #gov3 #GaaP #CoCreate - March 4, 2017
- A New Call To Industrial Growth - March 11, 2013
- The New Industrialists – Datacenters and Rebuilding the Economy - March 10, 2013